The development of technologies and management tools toward the widespread use of computerized components has contributed to the emergence and significant rise in the number of new attacks on industrial networks
Fremont, CA: Digital innovations have entered the industrial industry effectively and at an ever-increasing pace, going through the initial stages of business transition.
Digital Transformation in Manufacturing
Digital transformation of production is indeed a significant shift in market models. Digital transformation in manufacturing includes the adoption of the latest revolutionary technology and products, the adaptation and development of new business models to the conditions of the digital economy, and, as a result, the construction of smart factories and the qualitative improvement in business processes, including the production process.
The development of technologies and management tools toward the widespread use of computerized components has contributed to the emergence and significant rise in the number of new attacks on industrial networks. A modern intruder uses targeted attacks on digital production facilities, sophisticated arsenals of means of influence, technical means, and social engineering.
Cybersecurity of Smart Manufacturing
Without exaggeration, digital transformation is indeed a mainstream of the technological development of the industry. New smart production uses digital and computer technologies in every area of its work. From direct management and process control to business strategy formation and workflow, almost all operations are currently being carried out using digital data and digital infrastructure. This raises the need for better protection in all technical processes.
Cybersecurity is a set of standards and means that ensure the security of information processes, security management approaches, and other tools to effectively combat cyber threats.
The Modern Security Paradigm Comprised of:
• Review of access control frameworks that take into account transparency, versatility, and distribution. Models should be based on temporal logic.
• The adoption of virtualization technology as an effective form of security makes it easy to shift from the idea of a "protected system" (from a fixed collection of threats) to the concept of a "predictable behavior system."
• Application of the principle of separation of the environment for the processing of information and security means.
• Building the theoretical foundations of handling dynamic protection as an object of automatic regulation with a stability zone concept.
• Acceptance of the transparency of systems (Internet connection) as an inalienable property and the construction of protection with this in mind
• Formation of the basics of assessing elasticity (system adaptability) and scalability.
• Formation of new principles for detecting attacks, viruses, rootkits, worms, RPS, and other malware.
• Considering the possibility of using supercomputers to create new attack scenarios, scanning systems, intervention in production management, and cryptanalysis.