ServiceChannel Further Revolutionizes Facilities Maintenance with IoT-Fueled Asset Tagging and Management
NEW YORK & PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(RFMA) – ServiceChannel, the leading online marketplace and SaaS platform for facilities managers, contractors, and technicians, today introduced enhancements to its Asset Manager capabilities, to provide increased visibility into the details of all physical assets, including work history and maintenance, warranty, and preventive maintenance information. ServiceChannel utilizes new Asset Tagging and management technologies in this solution, which helps the company to extend its Service Automation suite, and further accelerates the transformation of the multi-billion dollar facilities and contractor management market to a more modern, data-driven and automated approach.
Benefits include the automation and simplification of asset repair and maintenance, and greater visibility into service history, ultimately addressing common inefficiencies and saving customers significant time and money. Asset Tagging, enabled by Internet of Things (IoT) technology, helps customers keep track of equipment across multiple locations, while making it easy to manage asset-based work orders. Key features of ServiceChannel’s latest release include:
• Asset Tagging: Uses NFC (e.g. RFID) and QR barcode scanning technology to easily create an asset inventory, retrieve data on the asset, create asset-based work orders and update asset information via mobile devices
• Warranty Tracking: Tracks all warranties on assets, lowering costs by charging repairs against warranty services
• Refrigerant Asset Management: Tracks attributes specific to racks and assets that contain refrigerant
• Analytics: Enhances asset reports in Analytics with new data that is tracked
• Preventive Maintenance: Provides FMs with valuable information to properly maintain their assets before small problems become big, costly ones
“Streamlining operations and increasing efficiency is a never-ending journey, and there’s no doubt that a technology-first approach to facilities management is a key factor for success,” said ServiceChannel CEO, Tom Buiocchi. “Automating the management of valuable assets allows facilities managers to unlock the next level of efficiencies, including warranty claims, better repair or replace decisions and asset-driven work orders.”
Other related enhancements will be rolled out later this year, including asset component management, further IoT-based asset management and asset-based audits. The overarching goal is to simplify facilities management and lay out an “asset first” foundation that enables self-managed facilities in the future.
Drop by ServiceChannel’s booth #801 at the RFMA 2018 Conference on March 4-6, 2018 in Phoenix, AZ., for a demo. Also, join Sid Shetty, VP of marketplace strategy and experience at ServiceChannel, and Panda Restaurant Group, for a panel on the benefits of implementing a CMMS solution on Tuesday, March 6.