Multispectral Imaging Camera Sensors Provide an Added Advantage to the Farmers
Multispectral imaging camera sensors which are mounted on agricultural drones have added enormous benefits for the farmers. It allows the farmers to monitor their crops, soil, fertilizing, and irrigation more efficiently which provides the farmers an increasing yield from the crops. The sensors have also offered some benefits for the environment as it helps to minimize the use of sprays and fertilizers and reduce the wastage of water to a large extent.
The remote sensing imaging technology in the multispectral camera uses green, red, red-edge and near infrared wavebands to capture both the visible and invisible images of the crops. The collected images are then integrated with specialized agricultural software to offer meaningful data to the farmers. The drone technology also help to reduce the use of harmful pesticides by offering land telemetry, soil, and crop data, which the farmers use to plan, manage, and monitor their farm to a large extent.
Multispectral cameras are not only helpful in analyzing plant health, but it can also be used to evaluate soil productivity. Here are a few ways in which the Multispectral camera image sensors have proved to be beneficial for farmers:
• Multispectral camera optimizes the use of pesticides by detecting pests, disease, and weeds early.
• It can pre-estimate the crop yield by counts the number of plants.
• It can also determine the population and warn about spacing issues.
• The multispectral camera can also be used to measure the irrigation. It can identify the parts of the farm where extra water is required.
• The data collected by the multispectral camera can also be used to install drainage systems and waterways.
• The cameras can also warn about any animals that might have entered the farm.
• A human eye can only view the wavelength between 400 to 700 nm. It is not capable of observing ultraviolet or infrared wavelength which does not fall under the visible spectrum. The multispectral camera can solve both these problems.