Taking the Cloud from Concept to Reality
Voicing the Future of Customer Service
A Next Generation Grid Needs Input And Participation Of The Next...
How Virtual Assistants Introduced a Smart and Easy Self-Service...
Artificial Intelligence: Redefining Future
Maulik P. Purohit, SVP & Chief Medical Information Officer, University Health System
Revolutionizing Customer Relationships through Chatbots
Mamie Peers, VP of Digital Marketing, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Artificial Intelligence- Algorithms of Change
Ash Dhupar, Chief Analytics Officer, Publishers Clearing House
Can Machine Learning Help Identify Radicalization Among Students?
Isaac Kohen, CEO, Teramind
Thank you for Subscribing to CIO Applications Weekly Brief
Five Reasons You Must Adopt VDI
As organizations grasp advanced change and remote work, they are progressively changing to virtual desktops. A virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) simplifies IT forms and lessens costs while giving more adaptability. Below mentioned are five reasons why businesses are making the switch:
1. Flexibility: The increasing growth and demand of cloud-based applications are giving employees the choices for the times and places they want to work. Virtual desktop offers employees using smartphones, tablets, and laptops the same experience they have on their personal computer. This technology is flexible as it can help us to communicate with workers across the globe.
2. Minimal IT Costs: Rather than installing and updating software on the employee's device, deploying virtual desktops from cloud servers is way more comfortable. Fixing and refreshing software from a focal area leads to IT efficiencies, and thereby you save both by maintaining a strategic distance from capital uses on infrastructure and by bringing down your IT work costs. With virtual machines, you don't need to stress over servers, hard drives, fans, and different parts that go bad and must be replaced. IT specialists who don't need to spend throughout the day repairing machines and refreshing programming have more opportunity to take a shot at new business activities. What's more, with cloud facilitating, you pay just for what you require at some random time, enabling you to scale up or down without overspending.
3. Enhanced Productivity: VDI is helping to enhance the productivity as it allows the employee to carry his office desktop everywhere. Not having to rely on office infrastructure helps in delivering their services on time.
4. Increased Security: With the help of VDI, all the confidential data can be stored at a data center rather than on individual devices. Even when the device is stolen, the data will be secured. One more advantage to this technology is that you can use identity and access management controls to restrict the flow of information and offering only the required amount.
5. Increased Energy Efficiency: Desktop virtualization saves enterprises money and time, also enabling the employee to work according to their convenience. An academic study found that through VDI, you can reduce your energy footprint by 90% per user.