Reshaping the Banking Experience
Connected Car Revolution through Cloud
Transformative Retail Banking
A Report from the Front: Transforming IT to Enable Business Strategy
Universal Digital Identity-How to Get it Right?
Dr. Michael Gorriz, Group CIO, Standard Chartered Bank
Innovation & Governance Through Business Alliances
Larissa Tosch, CIO, Glatfelter Insurance Group
Enhancing Banking Performance through Technology Updation
Gary Kern, CIO, MutualBank
Pushing the Needle of Innovation in Banking
Jojo Seva, CIO, NEFCU
Thank you for Subscribing to CIO Applications Weekly Brief
Equifax Canada To Headline Open Banking Expo Canada For Fourth Year In A Row
London (UK), Toronto (Canada)– Consumer data provider Equifax Canada has been confirmed as the headline partner of Open Banking Expo Canada for a fourth consecutive year.
Open Banking Expo Canada is the annual flagship event hosted by Open Banking Expo, the leading global community of Open Banking and Open Finance executives responsible for digital transformation across financial services and beyond.
With Finance Canada’s Open Banking lead Abraham Tachjian giving a special keynote, this year’s face-to-face event will provide an opportunity for more than 300 delegates to discuss how a “made-in-Canada” Open Banking roadmap and the approach to its implementation have been shaping.
More than 50 industry leading experts and pioneers from across the breadth of the ecosystem will help dig deep into some of the most pertinent questions for Canada. Speakers include:
• Gillian Riley, President and CEO, Tangerine Bank
• Stephane Bousquet, Open Banking Leader, National Bank of Canada
• Cathy Ly, Chief Innovation Officer, EQ Bank
• Chris Sweetland, SVP, Payments Strategy and Transformation, CIBC
• Shekher Puri, VP, Digital Components and Platforms, RBC
• Franklin Garrigues, AVP Open Banking, TD Bank
Financial services providers and fintechs
• Dianne Cupples, CEO, Portfolio+
• Frederick Lavoie, co-founder and Chief Operating Officer, Flinks
• Eytan Bensoussan, CEO, NorthOne
• Eyal Sivan, Head of Open Banking, Axway
• Roy Kao, Practice Lead, Financial Services Innovation, CGI
• Saba Shariff, Head of New Product Development & Corporate Strategy, Symcor
Policy makers and industry bodies
• Colin Deacon, Senator, Senate of Canada
• Keith Jansa, CIO Strategy Council
• Patrick Barr, Programme Director, Large Credit Union Coalition
The delegates will also hear the latest success stories from international trailblazers, including from the UK’s Open Banking Implementation Entity’s Ecosystem Development Director David Beardmore, who will be sharing about the UK Open Banking journey to date.
As part of this year’s rich agenda, delegates will also explore:
• Whether Open Banking is Canada’s lifetime opportunity or not
• What key pillars of Open Banking look like
• How to build a strategy that delivers for both your customers and bottom line
• Data security and safeguarding
• Why hyper-personalization is key for small and medium-sized business.
And much more. View all conference themes.
Sue Hutchison, president of Equifax Canada, said, “We are proud to partner with Open Banking Expo for the fourth year in a row. The Expo has proved to be a powerful platform for industry engagement, insight exchange and proactive input into the future of Open Banking in Canada. We look forward to being a leader in the shift to Open Banking, leveraging our global experience in this environment, and helping give Canadian consumers and businesses greater control to gain improved access to financial services.”
Adam Cox, co-founder of Open Banking Expo, said: “We are absolutely thrilled to have Equifax Canada as our headline partner for the fourth consecutive year.
“With a new Open Banking lead in place, the time is now for Canada’s Open Banking and Open Finance ecosystem to deliver change, choice and value for Canadian consumers and businesses. The team and I are hugely proud and excited to be working with Equifax Canada and playing a part in building Canada’s financial ecosystem of tomorrow, today.”
This year’s Open Banking Expo Canada will take place on November 17 in Toronto. It comes almost a year since the release of the final report by the Canadian Government’s Advisory Committee on Open Banking and will bring together C-level and senior-level delegates from across Canada’s financial services sector.
The Open Banking Expo Canada will take place in Toronto on Thursday, November 17.