Leveraging Technologies To Better Position The Business
Reducing And Recovering Your IT Spend
Disrupting the CIO Comfort Zone to Innovate and Transform How...
IT Strategy in Healthcare
Unleashing the Power of Cloud in Healthcare
Joseph Rostock, CTO, Inovalon
The 3 Ways Software is About to Eat Healthcare
Glen Tullman, CEO, Livongo
Data Science Helps UCHealth Improve Infusion Center and Hospital...
Steve Hess, CIO, UCHealth
Increasing Value To Patients With Data And Analytics
Charlton Park, CAO, University Of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
Emerging Trends in Corporate Wellness Sector
The global corporate wellness industry is growing at a steady pace with increased corporate wellness services due to factors such as increasing healthcare costs, corporate profit and focus on employee retention. The workplace wellness is designed to support employees understand their health risks, pursue a healthy lifestyle at the workplace, and decrease healthcare expenditure. This program consists of health risk assessments, health screening, weight management, fitness, and many others.
Benefits of Workplace Wellness
Investing in worksite wellness offers a variety of benefits associated with cost-saving and resource availability other than improving organizational productivity. They include
• Improved employee health behavior leading to reduced health risks
• Reduced healthcare costs
• Improved productivity
• Decreased absenteeism
• Improved employee recruitment and retention
• Increased employee morale
Emerging Trends in Workplace Wellness
1. Intelligent personalization is allowing companies to make informed decisions based on understanding risks and their causes. Personalization includes targeted messages and offerings with the help of business intelligence and data mining capabilities. By leveraging data wellness services will be able to create a better user experience based on employee's preferences, requirements, and goals.
2. Social recognition fosters a team-oriented atmosphere intended to encourage employees t to perform to the best of their abilities. Social recognition includes posting, sharing and any other virtual interactions.
3. Smarter analytics can generate reports targeted specifically to the seeking information. The results can be used to better customize the intelligent personalization wellness program.
4. Virtual wellness programming enables members to participate in group classes from wherever they may be. It can increase employee engagement, morale and productivity.
5. Privacy concerns: The amount of employee data collected through wellness programs is increasing, and the companies need to be transparent with the employees. Employers should also make sure that wellness service providers are maintaining the highest data privacy, security and compliance standards.
6. Addressing burnout: Employer should be aware of the sign of employee burn out which can help to take actionable steps to support employees. Burn out can be prevented by encouraging employees to relax and recharge.
7. Onsite clinics: Building onsite employee clinic enables employers to offer quality healthcare to employees.
8. Financial fitness: Financial wellness programs can provide insights to the employees on improving their financial wellbeing.
Taking note of the above industry trends can help companies refresh their employee wellness strategies.