The TC1 is an out-of-the-box, ready-to-install solution and includes quick start guides that show customers step-by-step how to install the tool changer to their cobot quickly.
Fremont, CA: Destaco, part of Dover, announced the launch of the TC1 manual tool changer designed for collaborative robot (cobot) pick and place, load, and unload applications. The TC1 provides seamless integration for fast tool change operation, thereby expanding cobot flexibility and increasing return on cobot investment.
As cobot use in part-locating applications continues to expand across markets, including CNC machine tending, medical/laboratory tools, warehouse packaging, and many commercial applications, safe and easy-to-use cobot peripherals that can be rapidly deployed are in high demand. Destaco has designed the TC1 to meet these evolving customer needs. Among other benefits, the TCI offers operator-friendly self-locking, push-button release, lightweight, flexible mounting, and direct electrical connectivity to UR cobots.
"With the increase in non-traditional automation, comes an increased need for true plug and produce cobot products. TC1 is a high-quality, ready-to-work solution that delivers on this need through its differentiated design," said Gary Labadie, Global Product Director, Destaco. "We also recognize how important deployment speed is for our customers, so we package each tool changer with its own mounting hardware and necessary tools to ensure fast installation without requiring additional adapter plates, mounting hardware or custom cabling."
The TC1 manual tool changer includes the following benefits:
• Ultra-lightweight and low profile: At 25mm height and 330g, more cobot payload capacity is dedicated to part handling versus tooling.
• Versatility: Tool changer blanks allow users to add their own mounting patterns versus the standard ISO 9409 cobot mounting pattern.
• Easy Installation: Electrical modules connect directly to UR cobots. More electrical modules will be implemented in the future to integrate directly with other cobots.
• Operator friendly: The self-locking insertion, push-button release allows any cobot operator to switch cobot tools in less than 30 seconds for maximum uptime.
• Gripper compatibility: TC1 integrates directly with Robohand pneumatic and electric grippers, supporting load and upload or pick and place applications.