Cloud Optix releases upgrades with powerful cloud visibility features for its Intercept X for Server Advanced with EDR.
FREMONT, CA: Cloud Optix releases upgrades with powerful cloud visibility features for its Intercept X for Server Advanced with EDR.
By adding more detail on AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud workloads, this integration by Cloud Optix, gives Sophos partners and customers significant insight into their wider cloud environment including the security groups, hosts, shared storage, databases, serverless, containers and much more.
Sophos Intercept X with EDR operates as comprehensive endpoint detection and response software. It utilizes deep learning to prevent known and unknown malware attacks and keep track of the ever-evolving threat landscape.
There are two primary components to the Sophos ransomware protection: CryptoGuard and WipeGuard. CryptoGuard protects all files with just-in-time file caching that recognizes malicious encryption behaviors, isolates these malicious processes, and autonomously rolls back all areas with affected files. WipeGuard puts a stop to the malicious processes and protects the master boot record, preventing malicious tampering with system areas of the disk.
The full list of what the upgrades are capable off are:
• Cloud asset inventory – provides a detailed inventory of the entire cloud infrastructure (for instance, cloud hosts, serverless functions, S3 buckets, databases and cloud workloads), eliminates the need for time-consuming manual collation
• Access and traffic anomaly detection – unusual login attempts, and suspicious traffic patterns are detected immediately and blocked or red-flagged to the admin as appropriate
• Security scans – Regular on-demand scans help monitor the cloud environment to ensure its on-going business and its security. Issues are resolved automatically with admin notification along with a manual intervention is required
• Configuration guardrails – Prevent accidental or malicious tampering with configurations that could negatively impact the security posture
• Compliance policies – ensure that the company's cloud environment conforms to Center for Internet Security (CIS) best practices, assisting in keeping the security posture at its best
• Alert management integrations – provides any email notifications when manual intervention is required.
All-in-all, Sophos Intercept X with upgraded security pros, make the software easy-to-install endpoint security solution, it can be combined with endpoint security solution that piles on the expertise.
Intercept X is a decorated part of a broader ecosystem, as its centralized platform help synchronize security and protects organizations across various platforms. Organizations that have experience working with other Sophos products in the past may feel particularly comfortable with Intercept X.