FREMONT, CA: Cloud computing has brought a change and established itself as an essential technology that many businesses are looking forward to use. However, as the technologies advances, cloud computing is also progressing and advancing. Below listed are five of the biggest challenges that every CEO of an organization should be aware of to maximize and boost their business.
1. Successful Migration: Majority of companies, small and medium-sized preferably are facing issues in migrating to the cloud. In spite of the ease and convenience the cloud technology is offering, the migration process demands proper planning, moving the least critical data first to test the waters and help work out if there are any issues as the process advances.
2. Cloud Native and Microservices: Cloud native is a way of approaching the development and deployment of applications that consider the nature of cloud and resulting in processes and workflows that utilize the platform optimally. Microservices enables developers to deal more flexibly with fixes and updates thereby providing a better user experience for customers.
3. Edge Computing: This technology allows businesses to store data physically closer as compared to clouds which further offers faster, better service and less latency. Edge computing will enable next-generation technologies such as autonomous vehicles and targeted customer interaction as a part of the omnichannel retail experience. Companies can give a thought to edge computing as it is more effective and more efficient with their limited resources.
4. Multi-cloud Approach: Many enterprises are opting for a multi-cloud approach as diversifying the partnerships will prevent data loss or downtime. Different providers would have different strengths which act as an added advantage. Effective use of the cloud technology requires mapping out a multi-cloud plan to have the best business results.
5. Public-Private Hybrid Cloud: The importance of information varies; therefore, all the data should neither be on a public cloud nor it should be isolated in the private server. A hybrid cloud helps the business to boost in demand while maintaining the confidentiality of the information. Also, the hybrid cloud enables a combination of private and public services, depending on the businesses’ needs.
There is no one-size-that-fits-all approach as different enterprises are rapidly advancing and their need also varies. When it comes to the data storage, many industries have moved their data to the cloud technology. By leveraging the trends in the cloud technology that works well with the individual business, one can optimize their system and be assured that their data is secure and efficient.