Thank you for Subscribing to CIO Applications Weekly Brief
Class introduces a new update to boost instructor and learner engagement.
An update drives improvements; instructor tools for tablets and web beta versions are also available.
Fremont, CA: Class is a piece of software created by Class Technologies Inc., a firm formed by Michael Chasen, a pioneer in educational software. Class is a teaching and learning application based on the Zoom platform. Class transforms the virtual classroom into a real one. It allows instructors to take attendance, distribute assignments, administer a quiz or test, grade work, proctor examinations, and speak with students one-on-one, among other things.
- Class program has several new features and improvements.
- Class has launched three key products: new iPad and Android Instructor Tools for Class, allowing teachers to control their whole class on tablets.
- A beta version of Class on Web delivers the whole software on desktop and tablet devices via a web browser.
The new product version has got published to boost student engagement and overall software functioning across all platforms. The following new and updated features improve the virtual and hybrid user experience across platforms:
- Enhanced Breakout Rooms.
- Surveys that may get distributed inside a classroom setting.
- Unread message chat bubbles on videos
- A video search feature that allows users to locate participants easily.
- The "Actions" Sort will enable educators to identify students attempting to connect with them quickly.
- Privacy Mode, which allows teachers and participants to choose their privacy settings.
- Attendance Recording.
- The class roster.
- Data import and export tools for class rosters, attendance, and other areas.
- Several enhancements to stability and scalability.
"This update focuses on stability for Class software across the board, marking another important moment for our team as we prioritize the Class user experience," said Michael Chasen, education software pioneer, and Class co-founder and CEO. "This product release has allowed us to create further a seamless teaching and learning experience rooted in building authentic connection in virtual and hybrid educational environments."