Finding the Right Balance between Protecting Data and Fostering...
IT's Pivotal Role in Addressing Oil and Gas Industry Challenges
Re-shaping the Oil & Gas Sector
Using Pragmatic Analytical Tools to Advance Performance in Pipeline...
Deploying IT to Manage Burgeoning Energy Crisis
Randee Jennings, SVP/CIO, GNS LLC
Network Security Forms the Underpinning for Every Business
Doug Myers, VP & CIO, Pepco Holdings, Inc.
The Power of Programmers: Productivity in Oil & Gas
Ben Wilson, Chief Information Technology Officer, GE Oil & Gas
Advances in Satellite Technology Position Energy Companies to Win...
Jesus Jimenez, VP-Global Engineering, RigNet
Thank you for Subscribing to CIO Applications Weekly Brief
Are LPG and LNG Better Energy Sources?
The chapter of oil as the primary source of energy was over long ago, but so many industries refuse to accept other alternatives like LPG and LNG. These fuels can play vital roles in saving the environment only if they are given a chance. Why should LPG and LNG be encouraged?
FREMONT, CA: With the climate change committee urging the government to take considerable measures to reach net-zero emissions by 2050, the pressure build-up on all industries to pursue greener energy policies is high. In other words, it is essential now to move away from conventional carbon-heavy fossil fuels as they are an outdated off-grid option.
Fossil fuels are an ace contributor to carbon emissions, the dwindling oil reserves have made oil prices volatile, and its vicious nature requires high maintenance to stabilize optimum efficiency. With innumerable factors functioning against the traditional fossil fuels as an energy resource, the search for the most optimum alternative fuel supply has been in progress. Viable off-grid alternatives that offer both environmental and logistical benefits are found. LPG and LNG have been identified to be cleaner when compared to oil in various ways, such as:
• Finance: LPG and Natural Gas provide immediate savings with the reduction in energy usage for those companies, which have shifted from traditional sources.
• Carbon Emissions: LPG and LNG emissions rate have the lowest CO2 emissions among any off-grid fuels. LPG emits 36 percent less fumes than oil, 22 percent less than kerosene, and does not emit black carbon.
• Compliant: Clean growth strategy and other green technology-related compliance are met with the usage of LPG and LNG aiding growth in businesses.
• Efficiency: The higher calorific value per ton possessed by LPG and LNG flames can release energy quicker, mainly when used in conjunction with a steam boiler the efficiency is maximum.
• Versatility: This character of LPG has attracted many applications in innumerable sectors. The versatility of LPG has fueled forklift trucks to fleet vehicles, with usage now as an energy supply in all manner of industries.
As the cleanest and most efficient fuel option in comparison with other off-grid fuels, it not only increases savings for the businesses in terms of reduction in operation costs but also decreases maintenance time and effort. LPG also supports the norms, ensuring compliance with policies formed by the government to encourage greener processes.
Check out: Top Oil and Gas Technology Companies