PROCare Providers Network: Helping Direct Care Providers Focus on What Matters
Brett Landrum, Managing Partner
It’s rarely a slow day in a direct care organization. Faced with limited state and federal funding, unfunded mandates, and a host of workforce challenges, today’s direct care providers are forced to find new and innovative ways to operate. Enter PROCare Providers Network. The firm’s PEO services and HR technology solutions lighten this burden and assist organizations in reducing their workforce management costs. Founded in 2015, PROCare Providers Network seeks to leverage a suite of workforce technology and HR experts resulting in increased efficiencies and in improved economics to care providers.
Key to PROCare’s service model is structured involvement with the various layers of leadership within a given organization. After working with senior leadership to develop primary objectives and policies, PROCare engages with the next layer(s) of leadership in training and deploying their various resources.
PROCare’s team is focused on delivering a suite of HR technologies that can be customized to the needs of a specific provider. “We always tell our providers that the box is 80 percent built; the remaining 20 percent needs to be customized to the operational flow of their business,” said Brett Landrum, Managing Partner of PROCare. For example, PROCare begins by engaging clients in a consultation process in which they collaboratively draft an initial resources implementation plan. As their Human Resource Management (HRM) technology is implemented, providers begin transitioning to the cloud for the management of functions such as employee onboarding, employee termination, benefits enrollment, employee files, license and training tracking, and other options. The solutions portfolio offer to clients a cloud-based online HR system which allows easy storage and access to all HR related information.
PROCare introduces a wide array of services and solutions to reduce HR challenges for an organization—by assuming responsibility for its entire employment-related functions
In the next stage, a flexible time/attendance and scheduling suite provides clients with increased visibility on absenteeism, turnover, and other attendance related challenges.
Along with leadership services, PROCare extends a variety of HR management and administration services to their clients titled culture initiatives, such as Worksite Wellness Programs, Safety Programs, and Employee Recognition Programs. When implementing culture initiatives, a PROCare team engages client leadership in molding a program around the culture that the specific provider desires, then deploying these services to employees. According to Landrum, “We believe that developing a sense of culture and employer/employee togetherness is key to employee retention. Furthermore, in an industry that requires a significant training investment for new employees, improved retention can have a significant economic impact on a provider.”
Delivering culture initiatives illustrates PROCare’s philosophy that emphasizing an enhanced customer experience requires novelty in creating and administering solutions for its clientele. PROCare concentrates on developing technology from a client’s usability standpoint and delivers flexible economic solutions across different verticals in an HR technology space. By synthesizing different service verticals, PROCare’s providers are able to see more success in one area, such as workers’ compensation claims, due to success in another area, such as human resources coaching. In an attempt to establish a trusted partnership rather than just being a service provider, PROCare is continuously evolving based upon feedback from clients.
According to Landrum, the future of HR technology lies in data analysis and using data to extract information for practical applications pertaining to employee management. Leveraging advanced predictive data analytics, PROCare intends to develop its solutions suite to benefit firms for daily, practical applications at present and future strategic levels. That being said, the authentic bottom line lives in embedding better customer experience into the products. “Everything comes down to customer experience. Period. As long as we continue forward with that in mind, we will always find ways to stay relevant in this market,” concludes Landrum.