Retailers Expand Use of Technology Solutions
AI becomes "Personal"
Gaining 360 Degree View of Consumers
The Digital Journey
Mutually benefitting Technology
Susan Doniz, Global CIO, Aimia
Security Implementation In Retail Directly Proportional To System...
Nick Spann, VP, Information Systems & CIO, WilcoHess
Retail: It's All About 'Experience'
Paul Scorza, CIO & EVP, I.T., Ahold Delhaize Company
E-Commerce's Future requires New Thinking & New Practices to Succeed
Jayson Serrault, Chief Marketing and Technology Officer, Batteries Plus Bulbs
Thank you for Subscribing to CIO Applications Weekly Brief
Streamlining Retail POS with Five Essential Features
Point of Sale (POS) software has become a significant integration in a wide variety of establishments. POS has solidified its position in all major areas and has become an irreplaceable element in the sales domain. If one is aware of the sheer volume of retail transactions, then it’s no surprise that retail POS software is all over the place now.
1. Digital Receipts: Paper receipts are of no use now; they genuinely add nothing to the retail experience, imparting no particular utility to the buyers and are not beneficial for the sellers as well. Whereas the billing software can generate digital receipts and send copies to the buyers. As a result, it will also function as a CRM tool which will save the customers’ details. It is a convenient starting point to establish a successful brand-customer relationship.
2. Mobile Payments: All the retail POS must have mobile capabilities. It enables the associates to move through a store and record a sale anywhere; the sales register hence becomes mobile. A mobile retail POS will be more flexible and cheaper.
3. Offline Management: It is essential for retail POS software to be able to process payments and generate receipts offline too. The absence of such a feature in this era will cause massive inconvenience to the customers that will further affect the brands as well; therefore the retail POS solution must offer robust offline capabilities.
4. Discounts, Coupons, and Gift Cards: These methods are an excellent way of promotional and loyalty programs for any retail store. The POS system should store the price changes and generate the discounts whenever required. Coupon generation and scanning should be seamless as it will make the check out process simpler. Gift cards can help the stores to fetch new customers.
5. Tax Compliance: Proper compliance with the tax laws and government can help businesses to remain at the top as it makes auditing more efficient and more manageable. Companies that have a broad market and have stores in multiple states can efficiently manage tax regulations there as well.
The retail industry is all about enhancing the customer relationship and meeting their needs but they can only move forward by integrating the new technologies. To deliver the best customer experience, investing in the right retail POS system will help organizations to remain ahead in the competition.