Transform Healthcare with a Passion for Innovation
Significant technological change often means a cultural shift for...
Leveraging Technologies To Better Position The Business
Reducing And Recovering Your IT Spend
Disrupting the CIO Comfort Zone to Innovate and Transform How...
Wes Williams, VP & CIO, Mental Health Center Of Denver
"Take an App for that and see me in a Month!" The Rise of Digital...
Irshad Siddiqui MD, Chief Health Information Officer, Blessing Health System
Virtual Health - Are We There Yet?
Rakesh Mehta, Director of Virtual Health, Carle Foundation Hospital
Reimagining Healthcare in a Digital World - Why technology...
Paul Brian Contino, Vice President of IT, The Guthrie Clinic
Thank you for Subscribing to CIO Applications Weekly Brief
New Age Healthcare with Innovative Medical Technologies
Healthcare across the world is embracing medical research to develop technologies and devices that will benefit the industry significantly. It appears to be the way forward for the healthcare sector. New technologies are being introduced but still improvements needed for treating particular diseases. The advancements which have the power to transform healthcare are various and some are listed below.
1. Pharmacogenomic testing: It determines a patient's genetic makeup to tailor prescribed treatment based on individual drug metabolism. For instance, pharmacogenomic testing can determine how patients will respond to opioid therapy, potentially decreasing opioid use.
2. Artificial intelligence: AI is assisting in medical diagnosis and aiding physicians in identifying pathology on diagnostic scans.AI can also help interpret massive electronic healthcare data. Treatment design, Digital consultation, virtual nurses, medication management, drug creation, precision medicine, health monitoring, and healthcare system analysis are all applications of artificial intelligence.
Check this out: Top Healthcare Startups
3. Immunotherapy: It has revolutionized cancer treatment by leveraging the immune system to fight cancer. Immune checkpoint inhibitors have great potential in the treatment of solid type tumor.
4. Three-dimensional printing: This allows users to create healthcare products specific to the patients. The customized creation enhances the comfort and performance as they are modeled on individual patient measurements, also offering the minimal risk of prospective complications. Three-dimensional printing has applications in surgical planning too, for example, heart surgery or face transplantation.
5. Virtual reality and mixed reality (VR and MR): VR and MR are popular in medical education. VR is the complete computer-generated version of the world and MR superimposes computer-generated images or sounds onto real-world setting and needs only a screen for display. It allows medical students to learn from real-world settings. Surgical simulation and diagnostic imaging are other applications of VR and MR.
6. Robotic surgery: Robotic assistance in surgery are often associated with improved clinical outcomes, such as decreased recovery time and reduced pain. It also guides surgeons in the operating room.
7.RNA therapeutics: In RNA therapeutics genetic abnormalities are translated to functional or non-functional proteins. This is applicable to rare genetic diseases, cancer, and neurologic illnesses. Antisense nucleotides and RNA interference is an example of this technology.
These medical technologies empower medical healthcare with diagnostic improvement, failure prediction, cost regulation, and data privacy and cybersecurity.
Check This Out: Top Endoscopy Companies